October – the month of change! It signals the end of summer … the end of fourteen hours of sunshine, days that seamlessly merge into evenings, more time to do things but not necessarily “get things done.” October marks the return of order and routine. It gets dark in the evening. You want to get home after work. Structure comes back into your day. It’s time to get back to the gym, fix the home repairs you’ve let slide and recommit to taking care of things.
This is a good time to evaluate your hair care routine. When was the last time we thought about how we take care of our hair? Are we doing the best that we can? Tony Odisho® Ostia® Collection products can help. Here are a few tips for basic, every day hair care for any season:
- You don’t need to wash your hair every day. If that’s what you prefer, that’s fine, but it isn’t necessary. Using a small amount of conditioner in a daily shower will keep your hair clean without stripping color and natural moisture.
- When you wash your hair, concentrate on the nape of your neck and temples. This is where dirt and oils collect.
- Always use high quality products. A good shampoo will get your hair clean without damage. High quality conditioner moisturizes and strengthens hair weakened by every day stress. Restore Shampoo and Conditioner are packed with antioxidants and nutrients from marula oil, and are great for daily use.
- A clarifying shampoo used a few times a month will deeply cleanse and remove product build-up. The kiwi extract in Clarifying Shampoo restores shine while it cleans.
- Much of the damage to hair happens in the styling. Prior to combing or brushing wet hair, detangling and heat protection is a must. 3-in-1 Mist protects both natural hair and extensions.
- Poor quality styling products and tools can weaken hair. Volumizing Mousse, Flexible Hold Hair Spray and the TO Infrared Curling Iron will give you all-day style without damage.
A good routine using the right products will give you healthy hair during any season!