The Tony Odisho brand is always striving to make quality products to protect and stave away damage during the daily routine of drying and styling hair. It is common for women to take care of their skin with high-end products, yet often their hair is left on the wayside. Drugstore shampoos, conditioners and styling products are made with chemicals that are damaging to the hair itself, without adding the stress of blow-drying and styling tools. Below is a list of quick tips on how to keep your hair healthy and beautiful:
- Protect your hair like your skin. Whether your hair is natural, or you have hair extensions, you must always protect your hair. Use our 3-in-1 styling mist on towel-dried hair after EVERY time you wash your hair and after swimming. The 3-in-1 product has three properties that will help maintain your hairs’ health. Formulated as a detangler, UV protector, and heat protectant, do not go anywhere without this product! The 3-in-1 is like sunscreen for your hair. Our hair extensions are 100% Remy human hair, ethically sourced from two temples in India.Our Remy hair needs to be protected like your own hair because it is not treated with silicone like other brands, and also does not create its own oils like natural hair.
Did you know that even on fully overcast days, the UV rays from the sun are still coming through, causing damage to hair and skin? Why protect only your face and skin, when your hair is part of what makes you unique and beautiful? Use the specially made mixed-bristle paddle brush with the different size bores for smooth brushing that is easier on extremely sensitive wet hair.
- You want to hydrate your hair. Some styling products are made specifically for wet hair, dry, and both wet and dry hair. The Ostia Collection has different options for shampoos and conditioners to keep your hair hydrated depending on the type of hair you have. Everyone’s’ hair is different – you may need a heavier moister on the bottom, and a root lifter on the top. The same goes for hair extensions, because the extensions are fused with keratin to your hair below the root, they do not produce oils like your own, natural hair. It is vital to keep your extensions protected with the right products. TO’s Smoothing Serum from the Ostia Collection is a wonderful way to keep your hair hydrated, along with the right shampoo and conditioner, with a few drops of the serum on wet hair before drying.
The serum, infused with marula oil, leaves the hair smooth, yet does not leave hair greasy or sticky. It is perfect to protect the hair from damage, frizz, and flyaways whether used on towel-dried hair or dry hair for the sleekest style. Do not wash the serum from your hands! Rub the remaining serum into your cuticles and hands for beautiful hydration, again, without being greasy, or leaving behind unwanted residue.
- Where there is smoke, there is damage. Most styling tools have heat settings up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit – that does not mean you should use the tool at that level. The thinner or finer your hair, the lower the heat. Increase heat as the thickness of your hair increases. Essentially, you want the tool to give you the results you need with the lowest heat possible. When styling your hair, our Flexible Hold hairspray is an great product that gives you heat protection, but can be brushed and curled again, or played with until you find the perfect style (then set with the Firm Hold hairspray). This extra bit of protection will help dried hair as it is being curled, along with giving hold while maintaining pliability
Our Flexible Hold hairspray is also great for our clip in hair extension system, Velo as seen here. The hairspray works to keep your style in place when wearing your Velo, or when it is stored in its specially made box.
- Finally, invest in good styling tools and products. Take the time to protect your hair – it really is not that much work. Use the proper products for the type of natural hair and/or the hair extensions you have. Keep the heat as low as possible, you only want to heat enough to curl or straighten without burning. Give your hair a rest from heat and styling tools. Let hair air-dry, use a serum to control frizz. Keep hair in a low pony, bun, or braid. The last part is essential when wearing hair extensions before going to sleep to avoid pulling and damage to hair and scalp.
The TO infrared curling iron is one of the best investments you can make. All of the beauty experts recommend low heat and not using heat on the same place for too long. With the advanced technology of the infrared curling iron, you can curl your hair in half the time, with less heat. This is THE perfect solution to avoid damage while giving your hair the perfect curl. The curling iron works wonders on hair extensions too. The curling iron uses the even heat of the infrared barrel to curl faster, and hold the curl longer, making it so that you do not need to repeat the curling process for 2-3 days!
- Tony Odisho has put in much thought when creating the Ostia Collection. With a balance of protein and moisture, it is the perfect combination to keep your natural hair, and hair extensions healthy. Tony Odisho also uses the most current technology for his infrared curling iron and styling products to achieve the ultimate look of chicness and beauty. Your stylist can only do so much to make you a more beautiful you – you have to take the steps to maintain your hair once you leave the salon.
Check out our videos on using the TO curling iron and other products on our YouTube page. Follow/like us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube to get more tips, statistics, and answers to FAQ’s along with our gallery of photos that showcase our beautiful 100% Remy, human hair, keratin fusion and EXPRESS tape extensions, as well as our Velo clip in extension system.